Thanks to Brian Kelly for putting together a great presentation on the science and craft of R/C model flight. The presentation is split into two parts. Here are the sections and links to the PDF and PowerPoint files:
Part 1 PDF or PowerPoint
- Will this plane be stable?
- How does the prop affect the airplane?
- Do I need right thrust?
- Is the “downwind turn” a myth?
- How to fine-tune the cg
- Do I need down thrust?
- Plane snaps out of a tight turn
- Does dihedral help or hinder me?
- Won’t respond to aileron when slow
- Unstable or too sensitive?
Part 2 PDF or PowerPoint
- How can I slow down safely?
- Should I re-trim for approach?
- Use elevator or thrust?
- What will flaps do?
Judge what a new plane will be like
- Wing Loading and stall speed
- Power loading
- Aspect Ratio
- Servo size
Part 3 PDF or PowerPoint
- Programming your Transmitter to make the Airplane Easier and More Enjoyable to Fly