MARC SPORT SCALE CONTEST
Saturday, July 15th 9am-4pm
- This event will be open to all scale model aircraft whether AR, kit, or scratch-built. (No LM1, LM2, or turbine-powered aircraft allowed.)
- Power can be electric, glow, or gas.
- Models will be static judged from 10 ft.
- All models will fly a series of maneuvers and will be judged according to how the full scale aircraft would have performed said maneuvers.
- All aircraft must pass scale judging with at least 1 point in order to compete.
- Static judging and flight performance will occur according to registration order.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place STATIC JUDGING PROCEDURE
- Every model must have some form of documentation as proof for shape and markings in reference to full scale aircraft.
- Photo of model will not be accepted. - Each model will be placed in the middle of a 20 foot diameter circle for static judging by 2 judges.
- A maximum of 10 points possible. FLIGHT JUDGING PROCEDURE
- Contestant will be required to demonstrate 4 required maneuvers and a choice of 2 optional maneuvers.
- A maximum of 10 points are possible for each maneuver. ( a failed maneuver will receive a zero)
- Each contestant must call out each maneuver to be Judged.
- 2 Judges will score each contestant.
- A maximum of 60 points are possible. MANEUVERS:
- Climb out
- Traffic pattern with fly-by
- Landing pattern
- Final descent and landing
- OPTIONAL (must choose 2):
- Split S
- Immelmann turn
- Bomb drop
- Touch and go
- Horizontal figure eight
- MULTI-ENGINE ONLY:
- Low slow fly-by (flaps and gear down)
- Chandelle Total Score will be the sum of the Static points and Flying Points.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Entry Fee: $10.00
- Must be a member of MARC or AMA.
- Models may be subject to safety inspection.
- Sign in will begin at 9:00am
- Pilots meeting at 10:00am
- Static judging at 10:30am
- Flight judging will begin after static judging of 1st model ends.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
MAR/C Field, Marymoor Park, Redmond, WA