This event will be open to all scale model aircraft whether ARF, kit, or scratch-built. No LM1, LM2, or turbine-powered aircraft allowed.
• Power can be electric, glow, or gas.
• Models will be static judged from 10 ft.
• All models will fly a series of maneuvers and will be judged according to how the full scale aircraft would have performed said maneuvers.
• All aircraft must pass static judging with at least 1 point in order to compete.
• Static judging and flight performance will occur according to registration order.
• Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
STATIC JUDGING PROCEDURE
• Every model must have some form of documentation as proof for shape and markings in reference to full scale aircraft.
• Photo of model will not be accepted.
• Each model will be placed in the middle of a 20 foot diameter circle for static judging by 2 judges.
• A maximum of 10 points possible.
FLIGHT JUDGING PROCEDURE
• Contestant will be required to demonstrate 4 required maneuvers and a choice of 2 optional maneuvers.
• A maximum of 10 points are possible for each maneuver. ( a failed maneuver will receive a zero)
• Each contestant must call out each maneuver to be Judged.
• 2 Judges will score each contestant.
• A maximum of 60 points are possible.
• Climb out
• Traffic pattern with fly by
• Landing pattern
• Final descent and landing
OPTIONAL (must choose 2)
• Split S
• Immelmann turn
• Bomb drop
• Touch and go
• Horizontal figure eight
• Low slow fly-by (flaps and gear down)
Total Score will be the sum of the Static points and Flying Points.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Entry Fee: $10.00