Sport Scale Contest
MARC SPORT SCALE CONTEST - Saturday, July 16th 9am-6pm
- This event will be open to all scale model aircraft wether ARF or Home Built.(no Lm1, Lm2 or turbines)
- Power can be electric, glow, or gas.
- Models will be static judged from 10 ft.
- All models will fly a series of maneuvers and will be judged according to how the full scale aircraft would have performed said maneuvers.
- All aircraft must pass scale judging with at least 1 point in order to compete.
- Static judging and flight performance will occur according to registration order.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
STATIC JUDGING PROCEDURE
- Every model must have some form of documentation as proof for shape and markings in reference to full scale aircraft.
- Photo of model will not be accepted.
- Each model will be placed in the middle of a 20 foot diameter circle for static judging by 2 judges.
- A maximum of 10 points possible.
FLIGHT JUDGING PROCEDURE
- Contestant will be required to demonstrate 4 required maneuvers and a choice of 2 optional maneuvers.
- A maximum of 10 points are possible for each manuever. ( a failed maneuver will recieve a zero)
- Each contestant must call out each maneuver to be Judged.
- 2 Judges will score each contestant.
- A maximum of 60 points are possible.
- Climb out
- Traffic pattern with fly by
- Landing pattern
- Final descent and landing
OPTIONAL (must choose 2)
- Split S
- Immelmann turn
- Bomb drop
- Touch and go
- Horizontal figure eight
- Low slow fly-by (flaps and gear down)
Total Score will be the sum of the Static points and Flying Points.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Entry Fee: $10.00
- Must be a member of MARC or AMA.
- Models may be subject to safety inspection.
- Sign in will begin at 9:00am
- Pilots meeting at 10:00am
- Static judging at 10:30am
- Flight judging will begin after static judging of 1st model ends.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Date/Time: Sat, 07/16//2016 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Location: MAR/C Field, Marymoor Park, Redmond, WA
Sat, 07/16/2016 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
MAR/C Field, Marymoor Park